Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 1 | Creative Work, Architecture, Photograph

Creative Work
I did not complete any artistic courses before going to university and so this is the best thing I have created. Due to the everlasting boredom of my HSC chemistry class, I decided to draw this at the back of my book using a compass and a pencil. The idea came from some work taught by a teacher in primary school.





Architecture
Even though the Dubai Opera House has not been built, its design reveals a great piece of architecture through the harmony between the building and its surroundings. The building's form as that of sand dunes articulates the beauty of Dubai's surrounding deserts and consequently the city's fascination of its environment.

References: http://www.e-architect.co.uk/dubai/dubai_opera_house.htm


Photograph
This was a picture taken from a trip to Vietnam of one of many bonsai trees on display.This particular bonsai drew my attention through its unique idea and its amazing miniaturisation of a forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment